Sick chicken

Rhody84

In the Brooder
Jul 9, 2020
I posted yesterday about how a couple of my chickens were extending their neck and swallowing. One in particular did it about a dozen times in a short period.

I was concerned about her crop, so I picked her up this evening and it did not feel hard. It felt soft (I could have been missing the crop). I did notice she sounded very congested. What do I look for/do?

What are you feeding them? Do they free range? Do you provide grit?
Are they eating/drinking ok? How's their poop, are they pooping?

Also you should continue with your original posting. Making a new one, it's hare do follow what's been said in the past.

What are you feeding them? Do they free range? Do you provide grit?
Are they eating/drinking ok? How's their poop, are they pooping?

Also you should continue with your original posting. Making a new one, it's hare do follow what's been said in the past.

I started a new one because I wasn’t getting any responses.

They get a show/grow crumble and I just started giving grit yesterday. I also added ACV to the water as of this morning.

I haven’t seen her poop in the last few days. I did see some that was looser and darker brown in color last night. Prior to this it was liquidy and light brown in color and I did see that come from her. She was eating food and grit and drinking a lot of water last night and this morning. Tonight I haven’t seen her eat or drink yet.

they do not free range yet. They’re in their coop all the time right now (4x10, well ventilated) while we finish their run.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom