Sick Chicken

Count it as a big win that she made it through the night. She isn't going to let us down now. The Tylan is helping her to hold on. Keep up what you're doing, and continue to tempt her with food. Try fruit cocktail, grated carrot, chopped up canned beets, egg, yogurt, even chicken soup including the meat! If she will agree to eat something, it will fortify her for the fight ahead of her.
Thank you! I will continue to keep my fingers, and toes crossed! I will definitely try some of those foods! I would feel so much better if she would eat!

Thank you! I will continue to keep my fingers, and toes crossed! I will definitely try some of those foods! I would feel so much better if she would eat!
Unfortunately Kessi has been declining throughout the day. She is more lethargic and more resistant to excepting help. We have continued Tylan and fluids, but the last time we went to administer, she was making a strange groaning sound, and very droopy. I have tried to feed her everything under the sun, but she turns away. 😓

How about fluids? Is she continuing to drink? What does her poop look like? Can you post more photos? I'd like to see one of her.

She was on the brink last night, a lot due to being out of physical resources. Her glucose is likely low once again, and she may be becoming dehydrated. At some point, a chicken as sick as this needs force feeding fluids and nourishment to keep her from slipping away.

I strongly suggest getting some more sugar and electrolytes into her. When glucose gets low, she could slip into unconsciousness. Then death. I would do that right away.

Thank you for asking, I was just about. She made it through the night! She is still alternating between alert and sleeping, but we got another dose of Tylan down her and the vitamin supplements. What’s a bit discouraging is, I paid an arm and a leg for overnight shipping on the Aqua Mox yesterday, and it still won’t be here until tomorrow (possibly evening). Hoping we can keep her going until then.
Once this is over, you need to complain and get at least your shipping money back.

How about fluids? Is she continuing to drink? What does her poop look like? Can you post more photos? I'd like to see one of her.

She was on the brink last night, a lot due to being out of physical resources. Her glucose is likely low once again, and she may be becoming dehydrated. At some point, a chicken as sick as this needs force feeding fluids and nourishment to keep her from slipping away.

I strongly suggest getting some more sugar and electrolytes into her. When glucose gets low, she could slip into unconsciousness. Then death. I would do that right away.
What’s the best glucose regimen right now... ready to administer!

Mix up a fourth of a cup of warm water with about half a teaspoon of sugar and a pinch of salt and baking soda, and syringe it into her beak as I showed you earlier. Stick some vitamins in the water, too.

Mix up a fourth of a cup of warm water with about half a teaspoon of sugar and a pinch of salt and baking soda, and syringe it into her beak as I showed you earlier. Stick some vitamins in the water, too.
Done! I can’t believe she is still going! She received about 5-7mls of that fluid, more than usual, still droopy, and latest poop...

Attachments

• E620282A-90D7-453D-97EB-467C6E7CEE48.jpeg
    E620282A-90D7-453D-97EB-467C6E7CEE48.jpeg
    549.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 6514A368-5F89-4C0A-A6DA-1D1E7D1940D5.jpeg
    6514A368-5F89-4C0A-A6DA-1D1E7D1940D5.jpeg
    475 KB · Views: 6
  • 2DC77998-461F-44F9-8228-14557ADD6214.jpeg
    2DC77998-461F-44F9-8228-14557ADD6214.jpeg
    344.8 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom