Sick chicken?

Some states in the US and some other countries do not permit the purchase of antibiotics without a vet prescription. It makes things very challenging when it's chickens and not many vets treat them, and not that many people can afford the cost of a vet. Many times laws are made by people who are not well informed about the consequences of such legislation. Keeping antibiotics out of the food chain is important, but bad laws are too often the result of legislating for one issue and not taking into consideration the many issues the law then opens up.

So we make do. Most states in the US still permit the sale of antibiotics over the counter to treat non commercial animals such as fish, pigeons, and family livestock. Basic antibiotics can often be found at feed stores such as Tractor Supply, and there are some very good online vet med supplies I link to often. This doesn't help our friends in other countries, though, and getting an antibiotic can be hard work. Herbal supplements are a "make-do" recourse.

Probably your only recourse is to go through a vet. But give the mullein a try first. Not all respiratory issues require an antibiotic. I've tried mullein on myself and it works amazingly well to reduce mucous. It's safe, just plant leaves, non toxic. I have mullein growing wild here everywhere I look. But it's sold as an herbal supplement wherever you find those.
Never heard of mullein all I found were capsules on Amazon

So you don't have mullein where you live? It's such a common weed in the western US, it's everywhere. It has a hundred uses. Yes, Amazon sells mullein capsules. I've used it for my own mucous issues, and it really does work. Give it a try on your hen and let us know if she improves. I can't see any problem giving a chicken one capsule every day.

I’ve had people (from this blog) recommend Duramycin 10, its pretty hard to find though, at least in the US. Fish Mox/ Aqua Mox works. Its an amoxicillin. I’ve had success with it on my Wilma. I ordered online from the manufacturer and had it within a few days. Good luck!

So you don't have mullein where you live? It's such a common weed in the western US, it's everywhere. It has a hundred uses. Yes, Amazon sells mullein capsules. I've used it for my own mucous issues, and it really does work. Give it a try on your hen and let us know if she improves. I can't see any problem giving a chicken one capsule every day.
Nope I don’t have it.. also she has scaly leg mites I’m pretty sure I’m getting Vaseline for her feet

Back
Top Bottom