Sick chicken?

ilovemychooks1

Chirping
May 3, 2021
I need some advice right now. Chestnut my one year old hen who is moulting is experiencing some breathing problems. When I look closely, her face inflated a lot and is very noticeable especially the part between her waddles and the part near the corner of her eye. Compared to my other hen who’s the same breed she doesn’t have that. Chestnut also lifts up her head and opens her mouth sometimes. I saw her eating and drinking and her poop seems normal. I have some vet rx i thought it was some respiratory issue.. I don’t have access to a vet in Canada. It’s also snowing 30 cm thick so they are always in the coop now. They also eat pine shavings.. I’m not sure why.

She has been like this for a year but now I think it’s been worse since it inflated even more. It’s starting to concern me. If anyone knows what’s going on please give me some advice!
It won’t let me add a video but the pic shows that it’s her

Attachments

• 52FCA1CE-4AA5-4E7C-9D4D-EF3C356B026A.jpeg
    52FCA1CE-4AA5-4E7C-9D4D-EF3C356B026A.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 15
Can you get hold of some Tylosin? It sounds like a chronic respiratory disorder. (CRD) These come and go according to stress. When symptoms get bad, it means a secondary bacterial infection is flaring up, and an antibiotic is needed to bring it under control.

Can you get hold of some Tylosin? It sounds like a chronic respiratory disorder. (CRD) These come and go according to stress. When symptoms get bad, it means a secondary bacterial infection is flaring up, and an antibiotic is needed to bring it under control.
Is there another way? I can’t get that.

Probably your only recourse is to go through a vet. But give the mullein a try first. Not all respiratory issues require an antibiotic. I've tried mullein on myself and it works amazingly well to reduce mucous. It's safe, just plant leaves, non toxic. I have mullein growing wild here everywhere I look. But it's sold as an herbal supplement wherever you find those.

Back
Top Bottom