Sick Chicken

He does not have lice or mites on his body but a few chickens in the flock have feather lice and scaly leg mites.

The vet has not responded yet, but when they do respond, if they have an appointment available tomorrow he is 100% going. Should I still purchase Tylan50 or Terramycin?

I will purchase the castor oil tomorrow and treat the birds who have SLM.

He has been drinking very well from a spoon. He has aslo been eating egg yolk and canned pumpkin. I can make him a wet food mash in the morning when he wakes up.

Hopefully the green poop will go away soon.

Thank you!
If you go to the vet, likely they will give you meds and eye ointment. If they don't, then I'd purchase the ointment and Tylan at TSC.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Update: Louie made it through the night!
His condition has worsened and his tail is droopy but hopefully I can call the avian vet in a few minutes when they open and get him an emergency appointment.

If you go to the vet, likely they will give you meds and eye ointment. If they don't, then I'd purchase the ointment and Tylan at TSC.

Keep us posted on how it goes.
My avian vet said they are not seeing poultry right now because of the avian flu. I am calling the local feed and seed now to see if they have the meds and eye ointment because the nearest TSC is not close.

Also, please tell me there is a way to get it out of the bottle without a needle and syringe because I could only find a syringe and no needle. How can I improvise?

Back
Top Bottom