A-Chicken-Person

In the Brooder
Aug 18, 2022
My sweet girl Dixie was sluggish and sat down when she ate she also had this really bad poopy butt.

She is getting better, she is still slow but not waddling by feeling her keel she seems to have lost weight compared to other chickens. She still has the bad diarrhea and I wash her behind with lukewarm water everyday when needed.

So her symptoms are: Slow, stool that isn't watery but it gets stuck to het feathers, and Weight loss.

She isn't lethargic as far as I can see, I have been giving her dampened chicken feed with sunflower seeds and sometimes dried meal worms (I'm running out) She also gets Nutridrench every day.

Does anyone know what this sickness is? I have done research and some looking on this site but I haven't seen anything that really fit her symptoms. Do I need to isolate her?

I just need to know what illness this may be and if euthanasia is the best option for her quality of life

My sweet girl Dixie was sluggish and sat down when she ate she also had this really bad poopy butt.

She is getting better, she is still slow but not waddling by feeling her keel she seems to have lost weight compared to other chickens. She still has the bad diarrhea and I wash her behind with lukewarm water everyday when needed.

So her symptoms are: Slow, stool that isn't watery but it gets stuck to het feathers, and Weight loss.

She isn't lethargic as far as I can see, I have been giving her dampened chicken feed with sunflower seeds and sometimes dried meal worms (I'm running out) She also gets Nutridrench every day.

Does anyone know what this sickness is? I have done research and some looking on this site but I haven't seen anything that really fit her symptoms. Do I need to isolate her?

I just need to know what illness this may be and if euthanasia is the best option for her quality of life
She is 3 years old, She is an Orpington

Do you have any pictures of your hen standing? Has she laid eggs recently, and what does her poop look like? Can you check her crop and describe how it feels early tomorrow before she eats or drinks anything? Is her lower belly enlarged? Crop disorders, reproductive disorders, and cancer all could be possible causes for weight loss and being sluggish.

Do you have any pictures of your hen standing? Has she laid eggs recently, and what does her poop look like? Can you check her crop and describe how it feels early tomorrow before she eats or drinks anything? Is her lower belly enlarged? Crop disorders, reproductive disorders, and cancer all could be possible causes for weight loss and being sluggish.
She has laid, she laid one day ago. The best description of her poop I can give is marbled brown and white oobleck, ill let you know when I have a picture of it. Her crop this morning was empty as it should be. Her lower belly seems to not have changed. Here's a picture of her standing (Give me a sec)

She has laid, she laid one day ago. The best description of her poop I can give is marbled brown and white oobleck, ill let you know when I have a picture of it. Her crop this morning was empty as it should be. Her lower belly seems to not have changed. Here's a picture of her standing (Give me a

Attachments

• IMG_20220820_111413_kindlephoto-119151936.jpg
    IMG_20220820_111413_kindlephoto-119151936.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom