Sick chicken

Sarah2020

Songster
Dec 26, 2020
My colorful gal has started to poop green and is standing in a somewhat upright position (like she's getting ready to lay). She's eating fine, wandering with the rest of the flock, drinking, and laying (although she didn't lay today). What could be wrong with her? There are no vets in my area that care for chickens. What should I do for her?

IMG_7111.JPG

She could be egg bound or laying internally. Can you insert a clean finger up to 2 inches into her vent to feel for an egg? You could give her a human calcium citrate with vitamin D tablet to increase her muscle contraction to help her lay if one is stuck. How old is she?

She could be egg bound or laying internally. Can you insert a clean finger up to 2 inches into her vent to feel for an egg? You could give her a human calcium citrate with vitamin D tablet to increase her muscle contraction to help her lay if one is stuck. How old is she?
She is 4. How do you give them this pill?

Checked vent and no sign of an egg. ☹😞

Back
Top Bottom