sick chicken

mackenziesmomma

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 7, 2008
One of my chickens is acting *off*. She is my flightiest, most difficult chicken to catch- my dd caught her easily 2 days ago. Yesterday I let the girls out for a bit while I was outside. She stayed in the coop. This morning when I went out to feed, everyone else was excited and running around, she closed her eyes and stuck her head on top of her wing.

I have 13 total chickens, all between 1 1/2- 2 years. They usually stay inside their 9x16 coop but occasionally I let them out to free range while I am working outside. Everyone else is acting fine.

What should I do?

Thanks for any replies

smile.png
Jennifer

Mrs.Doolittle

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 29, 2010
sad.png
Sorry your chicky's not well. Have you been able to get a good look at her for clues as to what's wrong? Is she eating & drinking at all? Is she wheezing or coughing? Injured? Egg-laying problems? Gapeworm? Whatever it is I'd say you should get her to a vet as soon as poss. It's such a worry when they're not well. I recently had to have my poor little bantam Beatrice put to sleep after battling a nasty chest infection - I don't think I took her to the vet soon enough, due to Christmas & New Year holidays, & she didn't respond to antibiotics. Hope you find out what's wrong & she's soon feeling better. Keep us all posted. Good luck.

Top Bottom