Sick chicken

peepeep

Hatching
6 Years
Jan 25, 2013
About a month ago I had two chickens die quickly. They had problems breathing and one had a lame foot. I treated the whole flock 4 others with antibiotic in their water for 2 weeks. Now I have another chicken with clear bubbles in her left eye. I treated her last night and this morning with vetericyn. It has been about 2 hours since her treatment and no bubbles. She is acting normal, eating drinking, she is not being pecked on, her eyes don't appear to be swollen. Could the bubbles be something besides MG. There are no chicken vets close by so I am relying on the helpful staff at our feed store. I worry if I do take her to the closest vet, about 1.5 hours away, it will be very stressful on her and might make her more sick. Should I cull her and have her tested? I love my birds and don't want to unnecessarily kill her. Does anyone have any suggestions?

frow.gif
Welcome to BYC!! Glad you joined.

Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad to have you aboard. I always treat for at least a month before I decide to cull. It sounds like you are doing all you can. I hope she gets better soon. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom