HELP! Chicken Eye Issue

jslater14

Chirping
Mar 22, 2022
A little background - about a year ago, one of our Rhode Island Reds was acting sick. She would just sit in the yard, wouldn’t really move and she had what looked like a white film over one of eyes. Initially we tried antibiotic injections but after 2 days of that, I took her to a vet. They prescribed her antibiotics for her eyes. We then tried colloidal silver in the eye and flushing it with salt water. She got better but the eye never did. I’m pretty sure she can’t see out of it.

I’ve attached updated photos. Is there something I should be doing for it or to fix it? Is it a lost cause at this point? Does it even matter if she’s acting normal?

Attachments

• IMG_5502.jpeg
    IMG_5502.jpeg
    470.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5499.jpeg
    IMG_5499.jpeg
    457.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5497.jpeg
    IMG_5497.jpeg
    375.2 KB · Views: 3
I think she is blind out of that eye. I can tell because a sheet of grey indicates blindness. Sorry about that, glad she is healthy and better though :)

I think she is blind out of that eye. I can tell because a sheet of grey indicates blindness. Sorry about that, glad she is healthy and better though :)
That’s ok!!! I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t anything “wrong” that needed to be addressed :) We call her Willa (one-eyed)

Back
Top Bottom