Sequoia Raven Bird Farms

Sing the song of your soul 🎶 ✨️
Sep 8, 2023
First off, no one panic please or feel bad because Rulu the Rhode Island Red has lived a veryyyyy long happy life. So, today we went out to the ducks, turkeys and chickens and I noticed Rulus eye being shut. I quickly investigated without touching her. Then, I asked my freind to help me put her inside in a tub with a towel covered floor with food and water. She is drinking, eating and letting me disinfect it with colloidal silver and more. Shes calm and well. Any suggestions? :) (don't feel bad pls) only positivity heals ✨🙏. Here's a picture of her having fun with her man and sister Roody and Chicka, and her eyes.

Attachments

• 20240218_105602.jpg
    20240218_105602.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 20240218_105607.jpg
    20240218_105607.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240218_105613.jpg
    20240218_105613.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20231127_095543.jpg
    20231127_095543.jpg
    597.2 KB · Views: 5
Silver is the best thing you can put in it. Maybe start giving her some plain yogurt so she can get some probiotics to help clear it up.

Silver is the best thing you can put in it. Maybe start giving her some plain yogurt so she can get some probiotics to help clear it up.
Okay, what about fructose water to deal with swelling? Just wondering if it would help. I like the probiotic idea.

Okay, what about fructose water to deal with swelling? Just wondering if it would help. I like the probiotic idea.
I've never heard of that. But as long as your sure it won't hurt her, it's worth a try.
Thank you for your replies, is there a specific way to do that? I suspect she got hit or pecked in the eye somehow.
Just by checking around in the eye to see if you can see anything.

Can you flush the eye with saline and try to get the gunk out? Then I would apply either Terramycin or plain Neosporin ointment twice daily after flushing the eye. She could,be showing signs of MG, a respiratory disease or she might have been pecked or gotten something in her eye.

I've never heard of that. But as long as your sure it won't hurt her, it's worth a try.

Just by checking around in the eye to see if you can see anything.
Okay, I'll give it a try. It's a recipe that vet's use to treat inflammation especially when a hen has a prolapsed vent. I think a quick internet search will give you the details if you want.

Okay thank you, I don't think I see anything, she's very calm still.

Okay, I'll give it a try. It's a recipe that vet's use to treat inflammation especially when a hen has a prolapsed vent. I think a quick internet search will give you the details if you want.

Okay thank you, I don't think I see anything, she's very calm still.
Keep me updated on how she's doin!

Back
Top Bottom