sick chickens

Is it okay to eat my eggs if I am treating the hens for worm and anybody have any idea what to do with all the eggs i am soon going to have I'm going to be over run with eggs
What wormer are you using? Most wormers have a withdrawal period during which time you should not eat the eggs; this time varies depending on the wormer but can be anywhere from 24 hours to 14 days.

As for what to do with the eggs, these are my suggestions:

#1. Cook them and feed them to your hens. This will give them a protein supplement, and most birds love it.
#2. Throw the eggs away.
#3. Put them in the compost

If you have any other animals that like eggs, I'm pretty sure you could cook the eggs and feed the eggs to them.

I am using wazine one cap full for one gallon they have been on it for 3 days . I have baby chicks is it ok to give these eggs to the babies cooked of course
smile.png

In that case, don't eat the eggs yourself until 14 days after the last day of Wazine treatment. I think its okay to give the eggs to your chicks, but if you don't feel right doing it, then don't. I wouldn't want your chicks to accidentally be hurt.

I am using wazine one cap full for one gallon they have been on it for 3 days . I have baby chicks is it ok to give these eggs to the babies cooked of course :)

Wazine dosage is one ounce per gallon of water for 24 hours ONLY. I dont recommend feeding eggs back to chicks, pullets, nor adult birds at all. The residue in the eggs will make worms more resistant to the wormer the next time it's used, also possibly extending the withdrawal period.

Back
Top Bottom