Sick chickie

Ive had chickens a few years now and just had my first cases of mites, bumblefoot, and coccidosis this year. Having a sick hen is terrible. We're they vaccinated as chicks? I worry waaaaay too much but I always think of mareks when I hear of a chicken having trouble walking. Of course that's worst case scenario me. If that happened to be the case there is no treatment but keep her quarantined and food and water near. Recovery is possible but a lot of times they get to where they can't reach their food.

Of course that's worst case scenario. My Roo was sick this year. Lethargic and not eating well. He was completely overrun by mites and I didn't realize it. My hens were fine and bArely had a bug on them! The best time to look is inspect the vent area at night with a flashlight. They seem to hide during the day and they are harder to see. Little buggers.

The pooh looks normal to me for what she's eating.

I hope she starts improving :(. Keep doing what you are doing and as ithers have said electrolytes in the water couldnt hurt. Let us know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom