sick cochin,maybe???

kyrose

Songster
10 Years
Jul 29, 2009
Melbourne,Ky.
my neighbor brought me over her sick cochin.she was going to put her down but knew i really liked her so shes giving me a chance to nurse her then i can keep her. :0) shes about a year i guess,her eyes are bright and she looks really healthy,just run down maybe and possibly depressed (if chickens get depressed).im thinking maybe the other birds are picking on her so i thought maybe start her on some yogurt and maybe vitamins.what do you all think?thanks for any suggestions...

Is she molting? Does she have feathers missing? I bet that's most likely the cause. They sometimes get sorta droopy when they start molting. Is she eating okay? Is she laying? Molting birds don't lay much either. Molting girls need more protein, like meat bits, bugs, cat chow, etc.

I try not to attribute human responses to animals; don't know whether chickens suffer from depression or not. But a little TLC, good protein feeding and vitamins certainly won't hurt her, and the close observation might identify some other underlying problem!

i think the neighbor said she isnt laying.she isnt loosing any feathers that i can see.like i said she looks beautiful to me.what kind of vitamins do you reccomend and how much? thanks

Back
Top Bottom