Sick duck

travislilliana

Chirping
5 Years
Nov 19, 2014
My duck has been sick for a few weeks now not eating moving slow not cleaning herself whole routine has changed. Took it to a vet and he gave us antibiotics she's on them for a week and no change. She eats here in there now was drinking a lot but notice she's not even doing that a lot. I also got pain medication for her and still no change. Prior to the vet I tried all the things listed on the website warm baths Epsom salt flushes Etc. She won't sit down at all. I need help any suggestions thank you

My duck has been sick for a few weeks now not eating moving slow not cleaning herself whole routine has changed. Took it to a vet and he gave us antibiotics she's on them for a week and no change. She eats here in there now was drinking a lot but notice she's not even doing that a lot. I also got pain medication for her and still no change. Prior to the vet I tried all the things listed on the website warm baths Epsom salt flushes Etc. She won't sit down at all. I need help any suggestions thank you

Hi, sorry to hear about your duck. It's good you took it to the vet, what exactly did the vet say was wrong with her to prescribe antibiotics? And do you know if she's in pain and why? It seems a rather long time for her being sick without any improvement especially after being on antibiotics. I would definitely take her back to the vet if you can afford it and ask more questions concerning her. If they haven't ran any test to find anything request some so you can know for sure what's going on with her. Hang in there, I'm sure someone with more knowledge than myself will chime in to assist you soon. I've sent you a private message as well.

Take care,
Angela

Don't mean to snag this post but have a question, I have an 8 week old peking duck that won't clean herself. She was so muddy and dirty I brought her in the house and washed her in the bath tub. but she never worked her feathers. She acted like she didn't know how to swim or anything. Now they have been raised by me and started swimming when she was a week old. the other 9 are clean and fine outside in the same pen she was in. It is the rainy season (?) here in Missouri so there is mud all over. Have put her back in the pen in the garage and gave her another bath this morning. has anyone else had this problem?

Back
Top Bottom