Sick duckie

Well MSU got back with us.
They said they have found nothing that would cause neuro problems like that so far.
Only protein deficiency that was probably caused by a few days of not eating.

They are going to continue sampling the tissues.
Has there been any word back from MSU on the further testing?

Well we got the paper work in the mail but it's all medical jumbo I can't understand. But it was from their initial findings.
So it just lists everything they found.
Bile fluids and what not.
Still no exact cause of death.

They said they will send out a final report after tissue and other samples

I remember necropsy reports - you get an early one, then it takes a while to get the full report with the conclusion. Having studied biology, I caught on to some of what they wrote in the report, but having the summary is best.

hugs.gif

Well we got the final report back.
Their conclusion was they found a lesion on the brain and with the symptoms leading up to death they concluded all symptoms and findings during necropsy where signs of ring worms possibly from raccoons.

We cleaned out the old chicken coop and our best guess was maybe there was some raccoon feces we missed our laying around the coop.

Ah, i think you mean raccoon round worm (toxicara something or another) Nasty stuff and can affect humans in the same manor, so please be cautious with washing you're hands etc. sorry to jump in, i am a CVT and have zoonotic disease drilled into my head

Oh my goodness, how bizarre. Something you'd never think of. I just found a big pile of raccoon poop on the top of my compost cover. I poured bleach over top then took the hose to it. then got the shovel and clean it up. it was disgusting. But had no idea you could get something like this worm.

I'm glad you at least found out what it was I hope all the rest are doing great..
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom