Sick Duckling?

Let me figure out how to add video here lol😂 no head shaking or panting, but this morning looks like he’s just stumbling on his feet and wants to sit down a lot. Eating and drinking more than last night as well so for that I’m relieved.
In order to post a video, you first need to upload it to another website like you tube or Vimeo. Then you can upload the link here.

That is good it is not shaking his head. They do that when they get something stuck in their throat or lungs. So thankfully it was not that.

It sounds like it is not overheating since it is not panting and your brooder set up sounds like it wouldn't overheat in that.
I’ll send brooder pics when i get home! This morning he seems to be limping around and keeps shutting one eye occasionally… just wants to sit down and rest but still eating and drinking if i bring the food to him
This sounds worrisome. He may not b getting enough food and water. I would add some electrolytes to your water. You can get something like rooster booster, even Gatorade, Pedialyte, or just sugar water will work.

I would also try feeding him some scrambled eggs. Ducks are better if you have some, but chicken eggs will work to. They provide good added nutrition and can really help ducklings that are struggling with energy. Hopefully it will eat it, not all will.

I have one of those poultry gravity waterers that fill up the little tray so i may need to get something they can dunk their heads in…

The best thing for a waterer is a modified Tupperware container. You just cut some holes out of the lid. Here is mine

DSC_0561.JPG

@orrlux how is your duckling doing?
He’s doing a lot better, i took some advice (yeast, vitamins, etc) and had him rest in the brooder a little bit and he’s been running around with a lot more energy! I’m still keeping a close eye on it but thank you all for the advice! Making some tweaks to my brooder set up as well

He’s doing a lot better, i took some advice (yeast, vitamins, etc) and had him rest in the brooder a little bit and he’s been running around with a lot more energy! I’m still keeping a close eye on it but thank you all for the advice! Making some tweaks to my brooder set up as well
That is great to hear! Hope the little guy keeps doing well.

Back
Top Bottom