Sick dying chicks. **UPDATE 8-7 PICS pg. 19**

Quote:
You should quarantine any new bird for at least a month, regardless of how old or where it came from. Sometimes it takes a while for respiratory problems to manifest.

And sometimes, no matter how long the quarantine, if the bird is not stressed (maybe his new environment is much better than the last one), their carrier status will not manifest itself till much later. So, quarantine, while very necessary, is not perfect. I quarantined the only two b
irds I ever brought in here for over five weeks.

Well I should copy this and make a posters and place them in the garage and on the coop door or doors and one for the gate too. Letting people know that one they should quarantine anything they get from me, just in case and why I won't let them in my coop and why I run a closed flock and won't take chickens back.

Quote:
This could very well be, but the lesson here is to make sure that we all quarantine our new birds no matter what age they are.
smile.png

I did the same thing. I did quarantine, but my girls were out free ranging and of course went and hung out with the new ones on their cage (which both new ones ended up dying, along with two of my pullets) and now I am dealing with snotty noses, one with a swollen eye and coughing. This is frustrating.

dealing with the same thing. i have been so stressed and couldn't even sleep last night because i don't know what to do! been using tylan 50 and it has been working well, but it's my entire flock now, and my biddies have it too. i am horrified, and don't want to cull my flock, although i love mine right now...

Back
Top Bottom