sick EE hen

Nchucktown sc boy

Chirping
15 Years
Mar 16, 2008
One of my Easter-eggers seems to have gotten sick. When I checked her earlier she had a slight rattle in her chest. I picked her up and when I did her head bobbed down and a slightly golden fluid came out of her beak. I have her isolated and have water mixed with antibiotics and vitamin supplements for her to drink. Any clue as to what disease she may have? Personal theory is something like pneumonia.

I know exactly what this is! Please follow these steps to help your chicken live!

1. put water down her throat

2. take a tube and put it down her throat

3. in the tube, mix a little water and charcoal together 1/2 water 1/2 charcoal

4. grind up the charcoal in the blender then mix with water then put down the throat.

I'll bite what could it be? This morning when i let them out she was much more vigorous and was running and eating again. Judging by the charcoal poison or toxins are the problem that you are talking about. but just in case I'll make some poison cure charcoal tomorrow morning and give her some.

Last edited:
I finally got back to post the results. After three days of vitamins and antibiotics she is her old self and is running around as usual.

Back
Top Bottom