Sick female kicked out of the group

Kailyn4846

Hatching
Jun 8, 2020
This is my first time with guineas and I adore them in my group of 4 I have one who was sick wheezing and I got her treated and recovered but she still wheezes a bit. They are free range and when they go out of the coop she goes with them but they keep leaving her behind. She just sits there and it’s really sad. Is there anything I can do to help them accept her again.

This is my first time with guineas and I adore them in my group of 4 I have one who was sick wheezing and I got her treated and recovered but she still wheezes a bit. They are free range and when they go out of the coop she goes with them but they keep leaving her behind. She just sits there and it’s really sad. Is there anything I can do to help them accept her again.
Maybe try keeping them together in the coop for a few days.

Sorry, this is how guineas behave. It is not as much of a problem with a proper sized flock but even in a big flock there are always the ones that are at the bottom of the pecking order that end up living on the fringe of the flock. You can't force guineas to change their nature.

Back
Top Bottom