Sick for weeks

Gee, I'm sorry for the rough time you're going through....sure hope your daughter responds quickly and makes a good turn-around. :aww

This might not be the time or the place to share this, but when we started homeschooling in the midst of public schooling, our kids' health just soared upwards...and I didn't miss those lice adventures a bit!

I'm so sorry for your DD! There is a really nasty thing going around, and almost everyone who has had it ended up with something secondary and antibiotics.

Lots of people around here going into the hospital with it the last few weeks.

Multiple hugs for you and DD
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

As a teacher....thank you! for not sending her to school. I can't even count the number of kids that come to school (h.s.) sick with colds. I have a very small classroom and one of the student desks is butted up to mine. I had a student last year that had a chronic cough for weeks and he always wanted to sit at that desk. I told him if his coughing made me sick, I was gonna kick his butt!!! (he knew I was kidding).

Last edited by a moderator:
She needed help getting up to go potty and then I had to hold her up while she went.
I then got her to sit in the tub in luke warm water for a bit, to try and get her temp down. It seems to have worked. But she is so weak.
She has the zithromax again tomorrow and then again Wednesday. Three day course of treatment. Plus the fever reducer/cough meds.

Right now she is passed out on the couch. Laying on a towel with a towel and blanket over her.

I am really concerned here. Scared to death actually.
How fast should the Zithromax work if it is going to?
I was thinking if she hasnt had a marked improvement by Wed that I will take her back to her pedi Thurs. Or should I take her to the ER??

Is your daughter able to keep any liquids in?
Pedialite
Broth with Mrs. Dash Blend (or something similar)
Weak Tea with honey and a bit of garlic
Non-cafinated soda

If she isn't able to keep any down, you may need to take her to the ER
hu.gif

If any of my children have a fever, or have the "runs" - they do not go to school!

I am sorry-I reread what you posted, maybe it would be faster if you took her to her Dr.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness that sounds horrible!! I really hope that she will start feeling better soon. If not YES go to the ER, tell them that this has been going on for too long and you are scared! My mom works as an RN in our local ER and she told me that if you go there before about 8 or 9 in the morning it shouldnt be that long of a wait....thats before the rest of the town wakes up and realizes that they are dying from a snotty nose LOL!! Good Luck!!

Do not let the school make you feel bad for keeping a sick child home.
They allways say to mothers trust your instincts.
In my kids school they can miss 14 days unexscused the rest have to be excused by doctor.

Thank you for the prayers and well wishes.
Her fever broke sometime last night. So she is no longer burning up. Just picking her up was difficult because I could feel the heat radiating form her entire body.

She is still very weak. Shaking when she holds her cup of water(has a lid) or her little cup of medicine.
Walking is hard. I am not allowing her to even think about climbing the stairs. She is drinking chocolate Ovaltine (sp). And water. She wont eat anything. She is a picky eater in the first place:rolleyes:
Her ears still hurt and I really think her hearing is being affected to some extent. I am keeping a very close eye on that.

It stinks that I have to take her out today.
I had to take my dh to the train, after i got home from my job interview. And I needed grain so I had to head out to the feed store. And I have to go to the barn this afternoon and take care of my horse. And drop off the grain. I will be hurrying through it all. But I have no one I can call to watch her. My neighbors are elderly and I dont want them getting what she has..And what I have "again"
hmm.png

But she is resting. And when she goes back to school(next week at this point) I am going to send a letter with her asking that they send home this weeks lessons so I can work with her after school.
It isnt new stuff to her. Letters, numbers, colors, writing. She has been doing what they do all day in KG since she was a year and a half old. I just know that being out of school is bothering her.

Right now she is laying on the couch with her magic pen thing and practicing her letters and numbers. And writing her friends names.
smile.png
She is awake and aware. Big. HUGE improvement from the last few days

Back
Top Bottom