Sick Golden Laced Wyandotte

She got a lot less puffy today, so I took her outisde with the rest of the flock. Shes a little puffy and a little bit off balance too. She has to like move her wings to gain balance back. But shes still running around with them and looks happy

I would keep observing her behavior. Chickens will use their wings to help balance for many reasons. Good to know that she was enjoying some time outside.

Update:
She came back in tonight. All the girls went in the coop except her. She just stayed outside puffed up in a ball. When I went to grab her she practically fell over. She hardly as any balance. She's still highly interested in food. I gave her another Fish Mox pill tonight and hoping she'll feel better in the morning. Shes back in the warm bathroom tonight. I gave her some bread and dried mealworms to eat and I'm going to turn off the light in a little bit.

If anything feels weird, it would be her tummy may be slightly swollen. Other than that, everything is fine. Her balance is terrible and she still is in a puffball. Her balance is the most concerning to me right now.

Update:

I honestly have no idea what's wrong with her, but she has given up. Shes laying in a ball with her eyes closed and her body is starting to get cold. It happened so fast, I really dont know what it was.

Back
Top Bottom