Sick Golden Sexlink Chicken - Need Ideas on Cause

Vet just called. Flock was positive for coccidiosis and a nematode. She wants us to treat the coccidiosis with corid for the flock. The sick chicken is still not walking. The vet said to give her a few days but she thought we should already see improvement if the parasites were the only issue. We haven’t ruled out Mareks, unfortunately.

Good to hear you have a plan of action for the treatment of your flock. Hope things work out for you.

Vet just called. Flock was positive for coccidiosis and a nematode. She wants us to treat the coccidiosis with corid for the flock. The sick chicken is still not walking. The vet said to give her a few days but she thought we should already see improvement if the parasites were the only issue. We haven’t ruled out Mareks, unfortunately.
Glad they were able to get the testing results back.

Hopefully treating the Coccidiosis with Corid will be helpful. What dewormer is the vet going to prescribe for the nematode?

Keep us posted on her progress.

Glad they were able to get the testing results back.

Hopefully treating the Coccidiosis with Corid will be helpful. What dewormer is the vet going to prescribe for the nematode?

Keep us posted on her progress.
She said the sick chicken was already dewormed and she wants the flock treated with the Corid before she treats the nematode because the nematode levels were very low. The sick chicken still isn't improving. We may have to euthanize her, we don't know if we are just torturing her keeping her alive because we don't know if there is a chance of recovery. I'm going to post again about severe coccidiosis to get an idea on how long other chickens have been down before recovering. I'm glad I have access to an avian vet but she doesn't see enough chickens to say for sure what is going on, I do appreciate her honesty on that though.

She said the sick chicken was already dewormed and she wants the flock treated with the Corid before she treats the nematode because the nematode levels were very low. The sick chicken still isn't improving. We may have to euthanize her, we don't know if we are just torturing her keeping her alive because we don't know if there is a chance of recovery. I'm going to post again about severe coccidiosis to get an idea on how long other chickens have been down before recovering. I'm glad I have access to an avian vet but she doesn't see enough chickens to say for sure what is going on, I do appreciate her honesty on that though.
OK, So you've started another thread.
That can be found HERE:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/coccidiosis.1607010/

Back
Top Bottom