Sick goose, I think

She appears to be doing a little better. Her poop is runny but whitish now. She was following the others in the run yesterday but didn't want to free range. She was also preening herself. So hopefully she is on the mend.

She is out free ranging today and swimming in the pond with her friends. probably hard to see the pic because of the tree but all 4 are swimming together.
1575298574268991257001228399258.jpg

I have been giving her smz/tmz suspension. It's a an antibiotic and seems to be working. She must have had some minor infection. I feel like if it was serious I wouldn't have seen results so quickly. Thanks again for all the help.

I know. But thanks again for all the help. I am in Pennsylvania, the only vet I have is in west Virginia but I called and was able to talk to him directly. He told me what and how much to give her and said if there is no improvement or if she gets worse being her in. But it appears he got it right. Thanks goodness. She is just a baby. I LOVE my birds so much.

That's great you were able to talk with a vet and got the right info. He must have got it right if your seeing improvement so quick. It's fantastic!

Thanks. It's nice to know there are people out there who love waterfowl as much as me. I don't see that much where I live. Most people just want to eat them. But these are my babies. They are sooooooo spoiled and they cost me a fortune but they are so worth it. I actually have a drake in my house right now because he had a prolapsed penis and it was removed 5 days ago. I can let him back with his friends in 2 days. His name is onyx.
15753038461093058452463710184755.jpg
15753038461093058452463710184755.jpg

How sweet. Great you got him cared for. Thankfully I have not had that problem with my 3 drakes or any I have had over the years and sure hope I don't. I see he has corn do you also feed a balance diet. Sorry can't help myself. lol

Back
Top Bottom