Sick gosling

how to tape feet so they lay in normal position.
https://www.browneggblueegg.com/Article/CrookedFeet/CrookedFeet.html
you can also make a shoe using a piece of plastic cut from a cool whip container [ in shape of goose foot]or some similar wrap completely with tape then lay the goose foot onto the plastic shoe then wrap with vet wrap you want the foot to lay normally.
Oh thank you so much for this information! I’m so glad there is more I can do to help her. I will definitely try this and update. God bless!

And yes her lameness seems to be coming from the swollen leg. Although she has a twisted foot on that side as well. Other than the one night in that enclosure with the metal floor, they have always been in a brooder with wood chip flooring or out in the grass outside. I think the twisted foot may have been cause by something else. I’ve been told maybe something happened when she was hatching? I didn’t hatch them.
The water therapy sounds like a good idea (obviously, supervise her well while she's in the water 🙂). This thread may also be of interest regarding her swollen hock - it should definitely be checked for a slipped tendon and addressed ASAP for the best chance of a good outcome.

Back
Top Bottom