Sick gosling

Bonkers in this patio mix all the nuts are SHELLED, no shells to worry about.
smile.png

RURU....and everyone...
I bought some of this mix and mine does have some shells,
ep.gif
just the shells and they have very sharp points, so I have been picking through it to remove them. I have found a few of them and just wanted to let everyone know...just in case.

The geese do love them!
celebrate.gif

I hope Eggbert is doing good!

Joanne

RURU....and everyone...
I bought some of this mix and mine does have some shells,
ep.gif
just the shells and they have very sharp points, so I have been picking through it to remove them. I have found a few of them and just wanted to let everyone know...just in case.

The geese do love them!
celebrate.gif

I hope Eggbert is doing good!

Joanne
Thanks for the word of warning.

Went out and looked at my bag of , it is called Deck, porch and patio and it is all shelled with sunflowed, peanut, pastico and pumpkin seeds.
I wonder why your bag had the shells in it??? I have never gotten any shells when I purchase it?????
I know they love the mixture eat it like candy for kids only candy for gooseis.
wink.png

I don't know why it does...mine is the Porch, Deck and Patio kind too. It has all kinds of nuts in it but the shells I have found belong to the Pistachio nuts. They are just empty cracked shells, but I am so afraid that they would get stuck in their throats or somewhere else along the way (some have very sharp pointy ends)...so I have just been checking them whenever I give them. This morning, I found 4 shell pieces.

It's just kind of unnerving and I am glad that I found them before feeding them. It only takes a few seconds to check them over and then I know for sure they are not there.

I just wanted to warn those that use them that there might be some empty shells...

Yep, Goosie's candy!!

Joanne

I am glad you looked and found the shells. I have never found a shell in the mix I get at walmart. But a good thing you put out the word that it can have the pasticio nut shells in it.

Now our sebbies can eat sunflower seeds whole. But I never feed whole sunflowers seeds to goslings! Just the shelled ones. They do have bags of shelled sunflower seeds I buy as well. The goosies have to have their candy!!

Back
Top Bottom