sick hen makeng gargeling noises! help please! I need a quick response!

roxyblue

Songster
8 Years
Jul 6, 2011
pittsburgh, PA
Please help!
It's 20 degrees out and my hen is acting sick. I brought her inside and she is making gargeling noises everytime she breaths and is now acting like she is going to caugh up flem. I am haveing computer difficulty so I have to make this quick. I did change their bedding from straw to pine shavings not a couple days ago. Is this a respretory illness? I'm going to remove the pine shavings now. Edited for this; she is eating scratch and scrambled eggs now, haven't seen her drink water yet.......I'll make her a mash with layer pellets soon.
Thanks!!!!

Last edited:
Possible CRD-Respitory infection? Tylay 50 injectable in the back of neck for 3 to 5 days 1/2cc. Or denagard 10 days. Keep her away from all others.
Please help!
It's 20 degrees out and my hen is acting sick. I brought her inside and she is making gargeling noises everytime she breaths and is now acting like she is going to caugh up flem. I am haveing computer difficulty so I have to make this quick. I did change their bedding from straw to pine shavings not a couple days ago. Is this a respretory illness? I'm going to remove the pine shavings now. Edited for this; she is eating scratch and scrambled eggs now, haven't seen her drink water yet.......I'll make her a mash with layer pellets soon.
Thanks!!!!

She seemed much better today.....something tells me it was the wood shavings. she came out with her freinds in the snow, drank a lot of water, and eaten her layer pellets and scratch with AVC in the water. She isn't gurgleing but does have a raspy cluck. I'll give it another day to clear up before I medicate.
Thanks again!
-Roxy

Back
Top Bottom