Sick hen need suggestions

Thank you so much!! Are "mixed berry" tums ok? I can give her some with yogurt, and ill try another epsom salt bath. She is a golden comet. I have 4 and wish I had known about their problems. I bought them because I cant have roosters, but I wont buy anymore because it's heartbreaking.
Yes, that should be okay. I was told to give a minimum of 500mg per day and more is definitely okay. You can also put some sugar in her water to try to perk her up a little.
That's exactly why I bought them. I have spent hundreds of dollars on many vet visits and treatments and I can tell you, there is no real fix for this. If you can get her to pass the egg, it is very likely to happen again, just fyi.

Also forgot to ask, should I give her vitamins or anything? At home I have vetrx, hen boost, and flockleader recovery 911
You can definitely try to give her some vitamins, it won't hurt. Just make sure you get some calcium in her. She isn't going to like you shoving it down her throat but it has to be done. You can always break the tums up into small pieces to make it easier.

It's so sad to watch them when they feel so sick. I felt horrible when my chickens had this. But all you can do is try to make her feel better. It's not your fault and there is nothing you could do to prevent this. I wish you good luck! Keep us updated on how she's doing!

Poor girl! I hope she feels better soon! I would pop a calcium citrate tab right into her beak asap! I’ve done this for my girls who seem egg bound and it works quickly! I had one lay 2 eggs in a row after doing so! It’s a big tablet but you can just pop into their mouths with hopefully little struggle. They swallow it easily! Good luck! 💕🙏🏻

Poor girl! I hope she feels better soon! I would pop a calcium citrate tab right into her beak asap! I’ve done this for my girls who seem egg bound and it works quickly! I had one lay 2 eggs in a row after doing so! It’s a big tablet but you can just pop into their mouths with hopefully little struggle. They swallow it easily! Good luck! 💕🙏🏻
Is calcium citrite with d3 ok? Im going to try it first thing in the morning, thank you!

It's so sad to watch them when they feel so sick. I felt horrible when my chickens had this. But all you can do is try to make her feel better. It's not your fault and there is nothing you could do to prevent this. I wish you good luck! Keep us updated on how she's doing!
Thank you so much for everything! Ill let you know. She yelled at me for checking on her lol, but still no egg. Ill do whatever I can

Are you sure..awesome eggbound? I would separate her from the flick in case it's something else. Don't mean to be a downer. Just a thought.

Is calcium citrite with d3 ok? Im going to try it first thing in the morning, thank you!
Calcium citrate with d3 is perfect.

I'd also check her crop first thing in the morning before food/drink to make sure it is flat and empty.

Does her belly area behind her legs feel bloated or squishy? Any lumps in her belly or around her vent?

Back
Top Bottom