Hey all, First post, my wife and I just got hens six days ago. 6 about 1yr old, and 2 about 11 weeks old. One hen has been sick ever since we got her. The other hens seem fine. We didn't notice it until after we got her home, but at the time blamed it on stress and figured she would be fine. Also, we are new at keeping hens so have no experience in identifying chicken problems. The hen in question is a rhode island red/white leghorn cross. I have browsed the forums, but still can't really figure out what to do. She tends to mind her own business in the coop, and will just stand alone, not moving, with her feathers puffed out, and bobs her head up and down while closing her eyes (as if she is fighting the urge to fall asleep). She also has diarrhea. I haven't noticed any blood, the color seemed to be tan when we first got her, but I think it has changed to a more green color now. We checked her vent and she doesn't seem swollen and there is no discharge - it looks clean and normal. Her comb is red, haven't noticed any spots or discoloration, although it looks brighter today than it did when we first got her. It seemed to be red, but dull in color when we got her. She also has some feathers missing, mainly on the back of her neck, but they seem to be regrowing, it isn't just bare skin. Also, the people we bought them from said they fought off mites several months ago, but that they had gotten rid of them. I checked her for mites and couldn't find any. One improvement I think I have noticed: They first day we let them outside, she just stayed in the doorway of the coop, but the next day (after a day of the Sulmet treatment) she seemed to follow the other hens around more and I saw her take a couple dust baths. But, when in the coop, she will continue standing alone and looking like she is about to fall asleep. We started Sulmet treated (sulfamethazine) and followed the directions on the bottle. We have administered 2 treatments at 1 tbsp per gallon (to the hens main water source). Tonight will be the 3rd time to treat the water, reducing the dosage to 1tbsp per 1 gallon. We also sprinkled diatomaceous earth in the coop floor and added a bit to their food. The people that sold us the hens said they would replace her, but we would rather save her if we can! It would also be nice to know what's going on in case another hen gets sick so we know what to treat her for.