Sick hen

Crazychickmama09

Hatching
Mar 29, 2018
My hen has been acting dizzy lately. It been going on for about two weeks. I have her separated and she is eating a little and drinking. I find her in different spots, so she is moving around at some point. She is now making a growling noise? She hasn't been laying eggs either. But doesn't seem egg bound. I have done so much research and don't really have any idea what to try or what to do. She is pooping normal. No stores anywhere, nothing. Can anyone give me an idea? Thank you!

She sits mostly all day in one spot, if I puck her up she will stand, but then her wings go out to catch her balance. She seems like she has a horrible case of vertigo.
It sounds neurological to me. What do her poops look like? You mentioned she is still eating/drinking - can you increase her protein (scrambled egg, soft cat food) and get her some fast acting vitamins like Nutridrench? While you are trying to figure things out, it's super important to keep her well hydrated and nourished. (How is her weight?)

How old is she? Not laying eggs, she could be suffering from a reproductive disorder, such as internal laying and others. I would also recommend water, electrolytes with vitamins, and feed her usual feed. Egg (chopped) is usually accepted well. Do you know if she was vaccinated for Mareks?

Her poop is normal color and consistency. I got her from a couple that was giving them away. They told me the birds were about 2 years old. I'm unsure if they are vaccinated at all. I have 8 baby chicks that have not been intorduced to the flock. Should i keep them away from her? I have been giving her lots of clean water, and have seen her drink. I have also given her clean food, veggies, fruits, protien. Not any crumbles.

Her poop is normal color and consistency. I got her from a couple that was giving them away. They told me the birds were about 2 years old. I'm unsure if they are vaccinated at all. I have 8 baby chicks that have not been intorduced to the flock. Should i keep them away from her? I have been giving her lots of clean water, and have seen her drink. I have also given her clean food, veggies, fruits, protien. Not any crumbles.

I'm having the same issue. Did ur hen get better and if so what did you do? I'm so scared for my lil mama

Back
Top Bottom