Sick hen

Is a vet an option (even for a fecal float test to inspect for worms/parasites?)? Can you keep the dead bird cool (not frozen) and take/ship it to the laboratory to determine cause of death?
If I've read your postings correctly, whatever has gone wrong, is affecting all of your birds; did I read that correctly?
Where are you located in the world? If it is rainy season, you might be dealing with coccidiosis, the rain could bring parasite larva to the surface, easy for your flock to ingest.
What exactly are you feeding them, including treats; anything moldy or out of 'best by' date?

The ones I have are vaccinated. The last one had diarrhea that I didnt address aggressively. If I could have controlled that maye I could have saved her. I am thinking this breed is not suited to the cold. . Maybe 25 at night. They did awesome in the heat

Is a vet an option (even for a fecal float test to inspect for worms/parasites?)? Can you keep the dead bird cool (not frozen) and take/ship it to the laboratory to determine cause of death?
If I've read your postings correctly, whatever has gone wrong, is affecting all of your birds; did I read that correctly?
Where are you located in the world? If it is rainy season, you might be dealing with coccidiosis, the rain could bring parasite larva to the surface, easy for your flock to ingest.
What exactly are you feeding them, including treats; anything moldy or out of 'best by' date?
I live in the Arizona desert. Dry. The pen next to it has the roosters and havent lost a one. Feeding a flock raiser pellet. Was feeding grain and moistened alfalfa pellets when first one died. Carcasas long gone now. No mold. First two didnt have diarrhea. Last one did.

Back
Top Bottom