sick ISA Brown Hen?

Your hens need to be wormed. Any vet that doesn't think chickens get worms needs to do a lot of studying! ALL animals get worms, heck even some WORMS get parasites......... Actually, if I had a vet tell me chickens don't get worms, i would be RUNNING to another vet.

I will look into worms to see if the symptoms match.
I talk to the women I got my 6 ISO browns from and she got them from Millar Hatchery out of Alberta. She got them unvaccinated and also didn't feed them medicated feed. She talked to the feed store she bought them from and they really didn't recommend it as having such a small back yard flock.
Would any of you think this may be a calcium deficiency? Or another deficiency?
Thank you.

They didn't really recommend vaccinations.
I also talked to my feed store and they hadn't heard of people worming their chickens around here...
How long would I have to throw out the eggs if I wormed them?

I will look into worms to see if the symptoms match.
I talk to the women I got my 6 ISO browns from and she got them from Millar Hatchery out of Alberta. She got them unvaccinated and also didn't feed them medicated feed. She talked to the feed store she bought them from and they really didn't recommend it as having such a small back yard flock.
Would any of you think this may be a calcium deficiency? Or another deficiency?
Thank you.
I live in Canada and the chickens do get worms. You may not see them, however, they most likely have worms. You can go the local feed store and buy horse paste that contains 100 mg of Fenbendazole. If you still feel there is no worms, take a stool sample to the vet and they can tell you. The feed store will sell you powdered worm treatmet that only treats round worm, don't buy it, buy the horse paste.

I am trying to uploaded a video for you guys to see her. But can't figure it out! Any tips?

You should also tube feed her. I got the supplies from the vet. Also add viramines to her water. I don't know if you upload videos. Pictures you can. You could upload a video to youtube.

Back
Top Bottom