sick Khaki Campbell

leslie harris

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 19, 2017
I have a 5 year old Khaki Campbell hen. She has been with me her whole life. I also have 3 other Khaki Campbells and 3 Pekin- all females.
They have access to a 6 acre pasture/woods with an acre pond. I put them up at night in a coop.
I noticed her squeaking some a few weeks ago, but thought it was probably something she ate that was in her throat.
When I went to feed them tonight, she was sitting down away from the gate where all the others were waiting to eat. When I
gave them their food, she just stood there- didn't eat anything (never had this happened to me before in 7 years of duck raising).
She is drinking minimal water, and I noticed she has white foamy diarrhea. Any help with her would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for responding. I separated her for the past 2 days. She did lay an egg each day. She ate a little on day 2 and a little last night- but still not her usual amount. I will try the epson salt flush today and see if she improves- thanks for that info. She walks around and seems normal except for the eating- which I know isn't a good thing. I feed them Nutrena Duck feed.

I went out this morning and one of my pekin girls has an eye infection- yellow discharge. Is there a home remedy for that? I will call my vet in the morning if I need to.

My Ancona duckling was not acting right. Would sit down every few steps.
I got Vitamin B 12 and put in their water last night. It really perked the duckling and it's mates. I feed Purina duck feed. I thought it was complete in nourishments.

My Ancona duckling was not acting right. Would sit down every few steps.
I got Vitamin B 12 and put in their water last night. It really perked the duckling and it's mates. I feed Purina duck feed. I thought it was complete in nourishments.
Is this strictly Vit B12? when most of us have a duckling with issues like not walking, legs bowed etc we use B Complex which has all the B vitamins, and have had great results with it. TSC durvet Liquid B Complex

I'm going to have to get my bf to bring some to me when he finally visits in November! It annoys me so much that we don't have a lot of this stuff in Canada. >.<

Back
Top Bottom