Sick Muscovy

Pics
Thank you all for your support! Goon 2 sadly passed away this morning. Yesterday morning, she was just a bit off, but still able to forage some, and I started looking at available vet appointments. Last night, when I got home from work, she was very lethargic, and her abdomen was swollen. She had no interest in food, and the light in her eyes was gone. The last two times this happened, she clearly still wanted to fight. Last night, it was clear that she was done fighting. I gave her Meloxicam and calcium, and she appeared more comfortable when I left for work, although it was clear the end was near. My husband made a nice nest for her in the duckio, and she passed peacefully mid-morning.

I’m quite sure she had EYP, caused by some internal structural problem, a tumor or something similar that caused her to lay internally. I thought about doing a necropsy, but decided against it. We laid her to rest deep in the woods under a big tree, near where she took her great adventure a couple of years ago.

She fought so hard to survive this summer, but is now at rest. At least she enjoyed the nice weather and passed before her least favorite season!

Anyways, thank you all again so much for your support. It really has meant the world to me.

I'm sad with you over your sweet muscovy. What an incredible story. You and she did well with such difficulties. Her suffering is over and that is a relief for her and you. Glad you had such a nice place to lay her to rest. Cyber hugs

Back
Top Bottom