Sick Of Getting Bullied!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most longstanding arts of defense and fighting share the philosophy that you should avoid fighting at all costs. My current instructor has spent most of his life studying his art, and was taught directly by the great masters of the discipline. Despite his ability to kick you into Antarctica, we are constantly reminded that if you can run or avoid a fight, that is what you do. Period. The defense mechanisms built into the system include postures that can be taken as culturally non-threatening ones to try to diffuse the situation before it starts. The masters in the discipline aren't going to go around beating up 12 year-olds 'because beating up things is how you stop bullying'. I'm pretty sure they would just see themselves as bullies at that point, as they are using known greater force to intimidate. The 'I bring a knife, you bring a gun, I bring an assault rifle' mentality is...none too helpful, and in my opinion, just plays into the sort of worldview that less that pleasant people tend to have. It strengthens it. Then there are adults who bully kids...

Bullying also extends beyond shoving people into lockers. There are more subtle kinds of bullying, such as spreading rumors about a person, intimidating/scaring them through means that do not involve the person's physical presence at all, etc. Punching in the face of someone like those I have seen do the rumor mill routine won't win you any peace. Congratulations. You've just made them look like the victim, and people who are good at manipulating will play that in their favor.

As with most things, bullying is a diverse topic with no one-size-fits-all answer.

The thing is, while i my self i have been buillied, but i don't let it effect me, i am different i am proud to be different. I do not let it effect me anymore i am stroger then those people who bully, i know that i am a better person. Ohh and ignore them, while this does not allways work it's a good first start. They well only bullie you if you let them most times.

I wasn't bullied too bad. But. . . Heres the story. . . Two girls, who were my friends, called me on the phone one night and said, "I don't wanna be your friend anymore. Maria is going to call you too, saying that." Summer said while crying. Not much later I get a call. "I don't want to be your friend anymore", Maria said and then a little bit later, she hung up. Maria was a bully. She pretty much made Summer do that with her. She made fun of a bunch of kids. Even kids with problems. There was 3 boys in my class that had problems and she made fun of them. I feel so bad for those kids. Sorry, Maria, but. . . I'm just not going to say anything, because it'll make me just as bad.

Now I am not bullied or made fun of because I am homeschooled. But one of my friends have told me that Maria was calling me really mean names. I'd expect that from that girl. I NEVER want to see her again in my whole life. She needs to grow up a bit. She thinks she is so much better than everyone. Ugh.

Quote:
was this implying are being bullied by someone on the forum,OP?

Yes people have been bullied on the forum.(not directly but still felt like they were being bullied) that is why I started this thread.
sad.png

I am closing this with elevan's words of wisdom

Quote:
And if you are feeling bullied via PM, you alone have the power to control it. Just delete the PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom