sick or not sick

So here are some pitcher's I think there molting I'm still getting eggs they don't have anything on them that look like lice or mites ,and feet are not scaly and no poppy butts, but there were couple feathers that fell off and they look like baby feathers

Welcome to BYC!!!:welcome So happy you joined the flock! No worry, my birds are going through the same thing your birds are. They all won't come out of the coop because of the cold weather they will come out for food and water and that is really it. They get excited when it is time for them to eat they come out of their coop but once they are done they will go back in. I am pretty sure its the same thing with yours. Mine also are starting to lose some feathers around their neck area also. Just molting I'm sure. I would recommend putting the birds food and water in their coop. The coop is a lot warmer than outside for sure!

Welcome to BYC!!!:welcome So happy you joined the flock! No worry, my birds are going through the same thing your birds are. They all won't come out of the coop because of the cold weather they will come out for food and water and that is really it. They get excited when it is time for them to eat they come out of their coop but once they are done they will go back in. I am pretty sure its the same thing with yours. Mine also are starting to lose some feathers around their neck area also. Just molting I'm sure. I would recommend putting the birds food and water in their coop. The coop is a lot warmer than outside for sure!
HI and thanks,this site is really helpful ,I do however have there food and water in coop all the time I can't have outside due to the animals that live around my yard I have Hugh farm land with lots of wild animals,but they love there coop a little too much,my birds don't act like chickens there more like humans there so picky they love to be held patted and they love there pool in summer,this is my first time with birds and it's there first winter so I think they are molting due to weather going from veery cold to veery warm back to cold and the daylight saving thing messed them up ,also there coop is pretty warm it's well ventilated bit we had to stick a heating pad around there water bucket and hang there light ,but I did post some pitcher's I'll post few more

Attachments

• 20180113_141729.jpeg
    20180113_141729.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20180113_141721.jpeg
    20180113_141721.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20180113_141405.jpeg
    20180113_141405.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 4
HI and thanks,this site is really helpful ,I do however have there food and water in coop all the time I can't have outside due to the animals that live around my yard I have Hugh farm land with lots of wild animals,but they love there coop a little too much,my birds don't act like chickens there more like humans there so picky they love to be held patted and they love there pool in summer,this is my first time with birds and it's there first winter so I think they are molting due to weather going from veery cold to veery warm back to cold and the daylight saving thing messed them up ,also there coop is pretty warm it's well ventilated bit we had to stick a heating pad around there water bucket and hang there light ,but I did post some pitcher's I'll post few more
So happy to hear that you keep the chickens food and water in the coop. Thanks for the extra pics! Yes, I don't think it is molting it looks more like the rooster is mating them. That is where they are supposed to get barespots is on the back and head around the comb. My brahmas and delaware are really docile too. If you even try to sit down in the coop they will come running and snuggling on your lap! Sometimes I don't even think of them as chickens!

Yah your right 8 just caught one of my roos grabbing the hen by the top of head wear bald spot is,I have 2 roos the bigger one was grabbing her by the head up near her crown wear bald spot is,and the littler roo ran up to them and the big room stopped so I don't know what to do what do I do,do I get rid of the roos I don't want to loose my hens we were not even supposed to have roos we got them back in April and the store we got them from said that they were all female so I was a little surprised when ended up with 2, out of 12 ,I'm not sure what to do if I have to get rid of the roos I will ,I just want to make sure my other birds are ok

Yah your right 8 just caught one of my roos grabbing the hen by the top of head wear bald spot is,I have 2 roos the bigger one was grabbing her by the head up near her crown wear bald spot is,and the littler roo ran up to them and the big room stopped so I don't know what to do what do I do,do I get rid of the roos I don't want to loose my hens we were not even supposed to have roos we got them back in April and the store we got them from said that they were all female so I was a little surprised when ended up with 2, out of 12 ,I'm not sure what to do if I have to get rid of the roos I will ,I just want to make sure my other birds are ok
yea, I think your right. I would never want more then 1 rooster for 10 hens. You could go to your state thread & ask if anyone could re-home one of your boys. I was able to help someone recently on the Texas thread.

yea, I think your right. I would never want more then 1 rooster for 10 hens. You could go to your state thread & ask if anyone could re-home one of your boys. I was able to help someone recently on the Texas thread.
One of the girls I work with her friend needs a roo so maybe I'll give him to her I just don't want him to do it to them,and then there is a farm here were they take the roos and hens to find them homes they usually try to keep few of the roos to breed but not sure about them,is there anyway I can get him to stop so I can keep him

Not all roos know how to treat the girls. Some learn after a while, but why deal with it. If you aren't looking for fertile eggs, no sense in keeping a roo.

Is there anyway I can get the room to stop doing it,I don't want to have to find him new home even then how would I know he wouldn't do it in a new home so is there anyway to get him to stop that don't mean me going and sitting there with squirter bottle like I did with my dog to get him to stop

Back
Top Bottom