sick or not sick

I noticed the smaller roo run over when roo my big one was doing it as soon as rooroo the smaller one got there he stoped, we weren't even supposed to get them the place said they were all girls but as the chick's feathers grew in them 2 had black feathers growing from there backs so I knew they were roos cuz none of the others had those black feathers they were all yellow chicks,but I don't need roos I'm not breeding altho one of my birds is a nester she's chicken little she's the smallest ,she different she loved being held when a chick and still today but she does not like the roosters at all she stays away,but I think I'm going to get rid of them if there doing this I don't want to loose hens

I noticed the smaller roo run over when roo my big one was doing it as soon as rooroo the smaller one got there he stoped, we weren't even supposed to get them the place said they were all girls but as the chick's feathers grew in them 2 had black feathers growing from there backs so I knew they were roos cuz none of the others had those black feathers they were all yellow chicks,but I don't need roos I'm not breeding altho one of my birds is a nester she's chicken little she's the smallest ,she different she loved being held when a chick and still today but she does not like the roosters at all she stays away,but I think I'm going to get rid of them if there doing this I don't want to loose hens
You can try craigs list. Since there is a good chance that they will be processed, you might want to consider doing that yourself. You may be able to get a friend to process for you too. They look like skinny versions of store chickens when processed.

I've heard of separating the flocks. It would require a separate coop & run. That way each rooster has his own girls & there would no longer be a completion. It may or may not help. Most young cockerels are rough. If you free range, 1 rooster can be a protector/warning of hawks, etc. I wouldn't keep 2.

You can try craigs list. Since there is a good chance that they will be processed, you might want to consider doing that yourself. You may be able to get a friend to process for you too. They look like skinny versions of store chickens when
so someone told my husband that I have to get rid of the hens with bald spots but I would rather get rid of the big roo,do I have to take out those hens with bald spots on heads

so someone told my husband that I have to get rid of the hens with bald spots but I would rather get rid of the big roo,do I have to take out those hens with bald spots on heads

X2!
Feathers will grow back within a couple of weeks on the head. Any hens in with him will get bald spots. The ones that are bald now are the current favorites. The new favorites will be in just as bad of shape very quickly

Back
Top Bottom