Sick or Not

stestory

Chirping
Dec 25, 2012
I have a red that is acting strangely. It is very solitary will not receive the other chickens. I cannot say if she's eating normally when I let them free range she pierced be keeping up with the others. I picked her up tonight and she appears to be extremely bony my question is should I let this ride take her to the vet or make a roast? Your input is greatly appreciated

Id hate to say it...but unless you have spent 100 dollars on a quality Game bred bird, i would just whak em. Please excuse my bold manner on this subject...but it sounds like it could be a genetic issue...the beautiful things about chickens..is the flaws can be bred out of the fowl FOR THE MOST PART with selective breeding. have a nice night,hope i make sense

Last edited:
I'd guess that she has worms. They would cause thinness and lethargy. Has she ever been wormed? Definitely check for external parasites, too, as they can sap the energy of a bird. Do her droppings look normal?

Thanks. I accidentally posted this twice but the bottom line is I need to check for worms and parasites. The chicken has since died. The remaining five seem healthy but I hope to ward off any problems.

Back
Top Bottom