Sick peacock

Yes I have him in the house he is growing his tail now
IMG_20220113_114839_1.jpg

The Tramazole you gave is 10% albendazole, yes? If so, I would give a 4kg peacock 0.8 ml once & repeat in 10-14 days.

The ivermectin sheep drench is only 0.08%, so the dose of that I would give mine is 5 ml.
What does should I give him Kathy???? He is 6lbs... Just under 3kg. How much ivermectin will I give him? And for how many days? Thank you for your help

Just under 3kg is very scary, he should be well over 4kg at his age. Is there a vet that you can take him to? I think he needs antibiotics and supportive care (subcutaneous fluids & tube feeding).

Just under 3kg is very scary, he should be well over 4kg at his age. Is there a vet that you can take him to? I think he needs antibiotics and supportive care (subcutaneous fluids & tube feeding).
I just didn't realise He is sick from worms. Night mare. I gave him 3.5Ml ivermectin. Today. So please God he gets better. His poo is a bit more solid now. He is eating and drinking. Do I need to give him more ivermectin in a few days Kathy or leave it for a few months? Vet isn't a option I'm afraid

Peafowl spend most of the day foraging on insects. What are you feeding him.
Turkey finisher. But here in Ireland it's only a seasonaly thing. That I can get near to Christmas. So now he is on layers pellets. But o leave him outside during the day so he picks at insects and grass etc.

Turkey finisher. But here in Ireland it's only a seasonaly thing. That I can get near to Christmas. So now he is on layers pellets. But o leave him outside during the day so he picks at insects and grass etc.
I give him banana, cooked porridge. Pea,s bean etc fruit cooked potatoes. Things like that. His poo Much better today not As runny. So hopefully he will start gaining weight... Thank to all for the replys. Appreciate it.

I just didn't realise He is sick from worms. Night mare. I gave him 3.5Ml ivermectin. Today. So please God he gets better. His poo is a bit more solid now. He is eating and drinking. Do I need to give him more ivermectin in a few days Kathy or leave it for a few months? Vet isn't a option I'm afraid
It might not be worms, it could be a bacterial infection, or something else. The problem with ivermectin is that it does not treat all worms, so if he has capillary worms, he needs albendazole.

And at 3kg, I guess he's not eating, so he really should be tube-fed fluids, then tube-fed food.

It might not be worms, it could be a bacterial infection, or something else. The problem with ivermectin is that it does not treat all worms, so if he has capillary worms, he needs albendazole.

And at 3kg, I guess he's not eating, so he really should be tube-fed fluids, then tube-fed food.

Back
Top Bottom