Sick peas

Getting some Baytril is a good idea, but make sure the vet tells you how to use it, 'cause it comes in 2.27%, 5%, 10% liquid as well as a few different pill sizes. Most small animal vets stock the 2.27% liquid and the pills.

-Kathy

The little girl is looking like she may pull through. This is the first day her eye was not matted shut, the swelling is gone, although the eye is not totally open. She is still kind of mopey and still bites at the air a bit. No breathing issues at all other than a little drainage from one nostril. Baytril will be here Mon or Tue, so we will see how she is when it gets here, but they way she is responding we may not have to use it. Thanks for the input!

Last edited:
Glad to hear she's getting better!

-Kathy

You know that little girl just can't get a break, well actually she did. We got the Baytril but waited another day and she looked like she was going to be fine so we did not use it. Her eye was cleared up, the runny nose is gone and she was pretty much acting like her old self. Then last night the DW came running up and said, 'You have an injured bird! Get out here quick!'

Well we found that poor little girl with a bloodied chest, what in the world happened? I got her caught, not easy as she has gotten tired of that, and inspected her chest. Dried and bloody but found no injury on her chest but found dripping blood on her toe. Turns out she broke a claw... I have no idea how that could happen.
idunno.gif

I've had a few do that and so far it hasn't been a problem, so I'm sure she'll be fine if it's stopped bleeding.

-Kathy

You know that little girl just can't get a break, well actually she did. We got the Baytril but waited another day and she looked like she was going to be fine so we did not use it. Her eye was cleared up, the runny nose is gone and she was pretty much acting like her old self. Then last night the DW came running up and said, 'You have an injured bird! Get out here quick!'

Well we found that poor little girl with a bloodied chest, what in the world happened? I got her caught, not easy as she has gotten tired of that, and inspected her chest. Dried and bloody but found no injury on her chest but found dripping blood on her toe. Turns out she broke a claw... I have no idea how that could happen.
idunno.gif
I see this here pretty often, when i see blood on the breast or drips on the ground the first thing i look for is a missing nail, they sure loose alot of blood so i give them some poly-visol without iron for a few days in their feed just for good measure.
So glad she is doing better otherwise
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom