Sick pheasant

The Phantom

I love birds!!!
6 Years
Jan 9, 2017
SE Wisconsin
Just got back from vacation 2 days ago and I have a sick bird. It’s my impeyan pheasant male. He seems to sit around a lot with his wings drooped and not very bright. Also swallowing when he sits or stand there. What do you think this would be? I don’t know how long he has been like this because I just got back. Would this be gape worm or a respiratory thing? Also thought of cocci.
I have corid, antibiotics, and some worming tablets I can treat him with. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

I would use the electrolytes with vitamins until you start Corid for possible coccidiosis. While treating with the Corid, stop any vitamins that contain thiamine until the Corid is finished. Make sure he drinks enough of the Corid water ir give him sips often.

I would use the electrolytes with vitamins until you start Corid for possible coccidiosis. While treating with the Corid, stop any vitamins that contain thiamine until the Corid is finished. Make sure he drinks enough of the Corid water ir give him sips often.
Ok I started corid and electrolytes+probiotics in the water last night. I ran out there at like midnight lol but he’s on it now so I’ll see how he does. He’s not tame so I can’t really give hip sips with out catching him. Hopefully this works.

Back
Top Bottom