Sick pigeon

lotsofloveforchickens

Songster
5 Years
Mar 17, 2018
Found a pigeon who can fly but can't take off on its own. It's been getting weekend and has solid green poop but has really clear liquid with it. He is eating. What can I give him to get him better.

Maybe its a fancy pigeon or a breed that doesn't fly well? If its just an everyday looking pigeon, I would just try to get him warm with a heat lamp if he's acting weak and get some food and water to him as he's warming up

Maybe its a fancy pigeon or a breed that doesn't fly well? If its just an everyday looking pigeon, I would just try to get him warm with a heat lamp if he's acting weak and get some food and water to him as he's warming up
He is just a plain pigeon. I'm worried that his poop is green with lots of clear liquid

He is just a plain pigeon. I'm worried that his poop is green with lots of clear liquid
Are there any neurological problems like head/neck twisting? Does the poop look like a thin green worm in a pool of clear water? It almost sounds like it could be paramyxovirus (a variant of newcastle disease which only affects pigeons). It could be some other kind of infection or parasite, but that clear liquid is most often associated with paramyxovirus (and unfortunately there are no meds for that... can only offer supportive care and even then most of them don't survive). A picture of the droppings would be helpful, and any info on neurological symptoms would also be of help.

Back
Top Bottom