Sick quail

Well sounds like you have a pretty lucky quail chick.

It doesn’t drink or eat on its own yet so I’ve just been giving it some egg yolk and water with sugar, baking soda and salt in it with a syringe

@Missy020219, it is not normal for the chick not to eat in its own. That's a serious sign that something is wrong, although the yolk and electrolytes are a good idea. Have you offered ground/powdered gamebird feed? Keep it available even if you need to syringe feed right now. How are you using the syringe? Be very careful because if it goes down the wrong way, it could lead to other serious complications.

@Missy020219, it is not normal for the chick not to eat in its own. That's a serious sign that something is wrong, although the yolk and electrolytes are a good idea. Have you offered ground/powdered gamebird feed? Keep it available even if you need to syringe feed right now. How are you using the syringe? Be very careful because if it goes down the wrong way, it could lead to other serious complications.
I’ve offered it feed once, and it pecked at it a little but never ate any. I just put a little in the tip of its beak and it opens it beak and eats it.

Hi missy the same thing happened with me in my 1st hatch we had too low humidity the chick that hatched assisted couldn't lift its head for a few days we called it necky. I used.a syringe like u to keep it hydrated it didnt eat till day 3 or four Necky started to lift its head at day 3 but would tumble over its own head I gave it quail physio by rubbing massaging around its neck and stretching its neck up bu day 4 it was eating and drinking and I think it would have made it but I think at day 6 I put it back in the brooder and it flicked up a shaving that flew into its mouth and it died wow they ways quail can die. I think try this and good luck 😊 necky.always had a slightly low long neck but I think it would have improved over time if it had made it. Ps necky is the yellow one

Attachments

• 20200418_103130.jpg
    20200418_103130.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200418_104258.jpg
    20200418_104258.jpg
    623.7 KB · Views: 4
Hi missy the same thing happened with me in my 1st hatch we had too low humidity the chick that hatched assisted couldn't lift its head for a few days we called it necky. I used.a syringe like u to keep it hydrated it didnt eat till day 3 or four Necky started to lift its head at day 3 but would tumble over its own head I gave it quail physio by rubbing massaging around its neck and stretching its neck up bu day 4 it was eating and drinking and I think it would have made it but I think at day 6 I put it back in the brooder and it flicked up a shaving that flew into its mouth and it died wow they ways quail can die. I think try this and good luck 😊 necky.always had a slightly low long neck but I think it would have improved over time if it had made it. Ps necky is the yellow one
My quail has started to eat the feed but I haven’t seen it drink any water on it’s own yet. When I put it on the ground it wobbles around a little but it still doesn’t have the energy like the other ones do.

Back
Top Bottom