Sick Quail

cathalmire

Chirping
May 9, 2022
Anyone have any ideas on how to get a sick quail to eat or drink?
My last female is not moving much, not drinking or eating. She stays in the hut sleeping standing up. Iv tryed puting mealworms near her and water but no use.

Try offering some Nutri-Drench via dropper or pipette. Don't force it down her, but but the drop right next to her beak.

Is she pooping? When was the time she laid an egg?
S
Try offering some Nutri-Drench via dropper or pipette. Don't force it down her, but but the drop right next to her beak.

She is just 7-8 weeks old no eggs yet was hoping that was what was wrong. Is pooping i think, il have to take her out from the male he is tryn to mount her .

S

She is just 7-8 weeks old no eggs yet was hoping that was what was wrong. Is pooping i think, il have to take her out from the male he is tryn to mount her .
First thing you want to do when you have a sick bird is separate it from the rest. That helps reduce contagion in case of disease.

Keep her warm was well. You want to make sure that you know if she eats or drinks and what her poop looks like or if she's pooping. These things will help figitout what's wrong.

If she's not pooping, she may be egg bound. Gently feel around her vent to see if you can feel an egg.

Hi i got the drops she wasnt taking it from the drop but managed to put some on end of her beak. She is pooping no eggs il have to check her tomorrow if she lets me.

Attachments

• IMG_20220816_125152.jpg
    IMG_20220816_125152.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 7
Hi i got the drops she wasnt taking it from the drop but managed to put some on end of her beak. She is pooping no eggs il have to check her tomorrow if she lets me.
If she's pooping, she's not egg bound.

In that picture, is she looking up, or is her neck twisted? What does her poop look like? I can't really see in the pic because I'm on a phone. If she's pooping it sounds like she's eating, which is good.

Is she showing any signs of improvement?

If she's pooping, she's not egg bound.

In that picture, is she looking up, or is her neck twisted? What does her poop look like? I can't really see in the pic because I'm on a phone. If she's pooping it sounds like she's eating, which is good.

Is she showing any signs of improvement?
She is moving about more but i think she must have something wrong with her neck she turns it like that when she sleeps. She is looking up in that pic, eating a bit but not as much as the others. Il get better pic when inspecting her today.

Back
Top Bottom