Sick Rooster, Help

Joey8765

Songster
9 Years
May 8, 2010
Australia
1) What type of bird , age and weight. It's a Rhode Island White x Isa Brown
2) What is the behavior, exactly. Can't walk properly, Left eye half shut, droopy neck, can't breathe properly
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms? Only since before, yesterday he was fine.
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms? No.
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. I think his neck might be sore?
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. I let them out today and he may have eaten or got bitten by something?
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. Just the usual, feed, grass, etc
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. His rear end is all white and his poo's are cream colour
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? nothing.
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet? Dont have money for vet, so treat him myself.
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use . Pine shaving bedding.

Help?

Pic of him about 2 months ago
56825_chook.jpg

QT away from other birds ASAP. Start on Sulmet, auremycin in the feed. human vicks or vet rx is not a cure but will help him breath better. You can put neosporyin right in the eyes (just the plain kind, not the kind with pain killers in it) With the eye and breathing symptoms most likey a respitory funk-dissenfect area he was in and do move to hosp cage FAR FAR away from other chickens...tend him last and then wash clothes. When they get the staggers on top of respitory its usually a sign that they may only have 24 hours or less to live at best. Hope it all works out.

Back
Top Bottom