1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

*****Sick rooster******

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Grandiosofarm, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Grandiosofarm

Grandiosofarm New Egg

Apr 24, 2016
    My rooster is acting very strange. He is sleeping not crowing and has green runny poop. He does eat and drink water that I added electrolytes too. He walks around then he stops and rest. I don't know what I can do to save his life. He is 7 years old and he is our pet. Please someone help.

2. Southern Ann

Southern Ann Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2015
    Texas
    My Coop
    Is he on wormer? Also put your head up to his back and listen; if you hear a muffled noise he has a respiratory problem.

3. Grandiosofarm

Grandiosofarm New Egg

Apr 24, 2016
    I haven't checked that because someone mentioned e.Coli. Is there something I can get if I do hear a muffle noise? I am going to Tractor Supply to get somethings to help him. He isn't outdoors. So I don't know. I keep blaming myself for having the windows open and think he could have gotten a draft from that.

4. Grandiosofarm

Grandiosofarm New Egg

Apr 24, 2016
    I am going back to Tractor Supply, the gentleman there is helping me. He is calling his chicken experts to see what I can do most likely he has a bug and needs antibiotics. I will keep you posted. Wish me luck.

5. carolinasculpture

carolinasculpture Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    Hope he is feeling better soon! I, too have an older roo...

6. Southern Ann

Southern Ann Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2015
    Texas
    My Coop
    There's a really good natural remedy that they sells at tractor supplies, it comes in a yellow box. It's a oily substances and smells like vapor rub. Just put some under the wing and on the chest and it works really good.

7. Grandiosofarm

Grandiosofarm New Egg

Apr 24, 2016
    Update on my Rooster Rocky. I picked up some antibiotic on Monday and started it right away. As of today he is amost back to normal. His poop is solid and whitish. I am beyond happy that I save my roost.. he hasn't crowed yet so I am keeping him on the antibiotics until Saturday. Thanks for all your help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by