Sick rooster

Eleniveilleux

In the Brooder
Mar 16, 2024
Hello everyone. Our rooster started limping a month ago. A couple days later he could only stand on his "elbows".
He has no other signs of disease. I checked for mites and parasites. I gave him dewormer medication, B12, and electrolytes. He has appetite, he crows and he's cheerful. No signs of tiresome or else.
Unfortunately I'm having a hard time to find a vet who treats avian in our area.
Please advise.

He needs B complex which has riboflavin, and all of the B vitamins. Give 1/2 tablet daily. He could have riboflavin deficiency. Riboflavin deficiency can become permanent if not treated right away. What do you feed him?

He needs B complex which has riboflavin, and all of the B vitamins. Give 1/2 tablet daily. He could have riboflavin deficiency. Riboflavin deficiency can become permanent if not treated right away. What do you feed him?
I feed him 20% protein organic feed. Thank you!

1000008385.jpg

He shouldn’t have a deficiency being on a balanced feed, but I would try some B complex. It can’t be overdosed, and might help. If it helps, it should help within a couple of weeks. I just worry that this has been going on so long, it may not be curable. Mareks disease can sometimes cause walking or sitting on the hocks. Are his feet or legs swollen?

He shouldn’t have a deficiency being on a balanced feed, but I would try some B complex. It can’t be overdosed, and might help. If it helps, it should help within a couple of weeks. I just worry that this has been going on so long, it may not be curable. Mareks disease can sometimes cause walking or sitting on the hocks. Are his feet or legs swollen?
That's what I'm afraid off. Nothing unusual on his feet. I checked everywhere. 😔

Back
Top Bottom