Sick Rooster

Bemj

Chirping
6 Years
Dec 22, 2013
Hi can anyone help me please? This is a vídeo of my rooster symptoms.

Seems respiratory problems.

0.jpg

I'm already medicating with Tylan to 3 days and keep the symptom

Thanks for the help.

Regards.

Hi can anyone help me please? This is a vídeo of my rooster symptoms.

Seems respiratory problems.

0.jpg

I'm already medicating with Tylan to 3 days and keep the symptom

Thanks for the help.

Regards.

I have the same problem. you should treat the whole flock with water soluble oxytetracycline for 40 days. Tylan is good, just don't stop the therapy at the first sign of getting better. I lost 2 pullets about 3 months ago and treated the rest of the flock for a week only. Mycroplasma returned (my chickens breathe like your rooster). I changed the vet and this one says that chicken must be treated for 40 days when they have respiratory problems.

My cockerel got a little better in 5 days, still looking bad, another one has been in the house for 10 days, still has moments when breathes heavily. 2 pullets make sound like snoring all the time. They have been on antibiotics for 4 days and no improvement. I give them doxycycline pills (I live in greece and we have different medicines). The pills helped the cockerels, 1 pullet looks a bit better but still horrible and another is the same. I guess we should be patient. I read somewhere that they get well from 3 days to 3 weeks.

Good luck!

Chickengr thanks for the help is very usefull.

Do your rooster shake the head to?

Tylan package says that to not give treatment more than 5 days. A vive 2 Grams of tylan for 4 liters of water. What do you say about this?

Kindly regards from Portugal.

after 5 days give him water soluble oxytetracycline (1 teaspoonful in 3l of water). it is not too much and will help them.

Ok, I have terramycin which also has oxytetracycline but says on the package that the treatment should not be extended more than 14 days.

I will try!

Thanks a lot!

Regards

Dosing pictures:

-Kathy

thank you kathy. it seems we have different medicines but if we follow the instructions we'll be fine. my oxytetracycline dose is 2 teaspoonful per 1 liter of water, but to use it for 40 days my vet told mi to put 1 teaspoonfool in 3 liters of water. I also spoke to a guy who has a chicken farm, he confirmed me that I should treat them for 40 days if I want them to heal completely.

my cockerel got better with doxycycline (commercial name vibramycin) and my pullets are still struggling but alive.

Hi can anyone help me please? This is a vídeo of my rooster symptoms. Seems respiratory problems. I'm already medicating with Tylan to 3 days and keep the symptom Thanks for the help. Regards.
If you check inside his throat do you see white blisters?

my chickens don't have blisters, but as I have bad luck with their health, can you tell me what those blisters would be? and how to treat it, just in case.
The symptoms are the same but they have some white blisters inside,thats infection that by the time you see it in the throat and sometimes on top of the beak(inside part of the beak) it's to late and is better to sacrifice them. But if they have very little you can remove it with some cotton swabs and apply peroxide with some cotton swabs. Then we use some mexican antibiotic that will also cure your fowl right now.is called tigent Injected 0.10ml or 10 units for each kg of weight for 3 days plus another named ercanol 0.20 ml or 20 units the same 3 days. In your case try to get them on the internet i saw some places that sell them for young fowl i use valsyn in water. Will send pics right now

Back
Top Bottom