SICK SILKIE HEN PLEASE HELP

I'm so sorry. I've been following your thread all day, and although I wanted desperately to help, I knew there was nothing I or anyone could do.

If you want to know why your sweet girl died, I recommend strongly you refrigerate her body and start making phone calls to find a lab to do a necropsy. You will have more Silkies. You will learn much from this one's death that will help this, hopefully, to not have to happen again.

I'm so sorry. I've been following your thread all day, and although I wanted desperately to help, I knew there was nothing I or anyone could do.

If you want to know why your sweet girl died, I recommend strongly you refrigerate her body and start making phone calls to find a lab to do a necropsy. You will have more Silkies. You will learn much from this one's death that will help this, hopefully, to not have to happen again.

After all of this, a necropsy is the last thing on my mind.

I want to respect Yukon's beautiful, adorable body as it was, and my dad is to bury her next to the grave of my Polish chick, Dory.

We have come to the conclusion that it was because she was eggbound for so long that she just didn't stand a chance at this poiint.

she hadn't laid since august after a broody fit.

i am really going to be at a loss on how to go on chickening withot my little ray of sunshine in the coop....

now if you'll excuse me im going to go uncomtrolably sob into a pillow for 3 days.

I am very sorry that you lost her :hugs it's hard but it is part of raising animals unfortunately
:hugs at least you got to spend some time with her :hugs

Back
Top Bottom