This is mumble. She was a normal
Silkie until 3 months old we found her in her cage on her head, butt in the air. She is now 5 months old and this is her new way of life. We tried vitamin e, we took her to the vet. She has leg strength like a frog. She has great head strength but somewhere in between her neck and legs she can’t stand on her own. The commitment is a lifetime when you live your life with a Silkie

This is mumble. She was a normal
Silkie until 3 months old we found her in her cage on her head, butt in the air. She is now 5 months old and this is her new way of life. We tried vitamin e, we took her to the vet. She has leg strength like a frog. She has great head strength but somewhere in between her neck and legs she can’t stand on her own. The commitment is a lifetime when you live your life with a Silkie
Some wry neck is caused by B1 thiamine deficiency, so I would try both thiamine and 400 IU of E, with a few bites of cooked egg or sunflower seed for selenium. Not too much selenium since too much can be bad. Sorry that your silkie has not recovered.

BE2AFC2F-1A5D-4C75-841D-8066CD30A917.jpeg

Attachments

• 1BC5694D-1D25-4FA2-89DC-6FAB8A13BE11.jpeg
    1BC5694D-1D25-4FA2-89DC-6FAB8A13BE11.jpeg
    421 KB · Views: 4
  • 0198B75C-9013-4A7A-BBB4-A4EB3B9FC7E7.jpeg
    0198B75C-9013-4A7A-BBB4-A4EB3B9FC7E7.jpeg
    491.8 KB · Views: 4
This is chicklet. He has a swollen foot and sore on top I’ve soaked his foot with epson salt and it isn’t any better. He doesn’t seem to be bothered by it. It isn’t Bumblefoot and he isn’t free range. Any suggestions?

This is chicklet. He has a swollen foot and sore on top I’ve soaked his foot with epson salt and it isn’t any better. He doesn’t seem to be bothered by it. It isn’t Bumblefoot and he isn’t free range. Any suggestions?
It may be better to start your own thread so you get more replies geared for your Chicklet. But looking at the foot, he has an infection.
How many days have you been treating the foot? If you have vet care, that would be best.
I would start with soaking in diluted betadine or hibiclen (chlorhexidine), debride the sore area, remove any pus you see, pack with triple antibiotic ointment and wrap. Repeat daily. If you notice any foul odors, then he may need an antibiotic as well.
If you want to get technical - most all infections of the foot are called Bumblefoot and usually staph infection - wear gloves when taking care of that and clean your sink and surfaces really well after taking care of him.

UPDATE: Hi guys, I had been syringe watering my sick silkie I also mixed some poultry Nutri-drench in with the water. She would eat by herself so I didn't have to worry about that. But one day she was eating normally by herself and it was night time. So I gave her last syringe full of water. So I could go to bed. The next morning I checked on her and she was laying on her back, dead:(. I really don't know what happened, I mean, she was eating and drinking normally the night that she died:(. Thank you all for your help.

UPDATE: Hi guys, I had been syringe watering my sick silkie I also mixed some poultry Nutri-drench in with the water. She would eat by herself so I didn't have to worry about that. But one day she was eating normally by herself and it was night time. So I gave her last syringe full of water. So I could go to bed. The next morning I checked on her and she was laying on her back, dead:(. I really don't know what happened, I mean, she was eating and drinking normally the night that she died:(. Thank you all for your help.
I'm sorry :hugs

So sorry:(

Back
Top Bottom